“A great opportunity that makes you challenge yourself…. you find yourself unconsciously absorbing all the information.
And the thing about neuropaths that Claudia mentioned the first class is really magic.”
Omar Darwish (2020)
What is this course about?
Group "live online" portion plus self-guided "Bootcamp to Become a Remote Language Interpreter" facilitated by Claudia Brauer via Facebook, Zoom and/or Skype.
This is the actual Bootcamp modules PLUS the community workshops to train newcomers to interpreting and
to help those interpreters who have experience acquire skills to become remote interpreters.
Claudia's GROUP-based interventions with participants foster connection, fellowship and fraternity, which are essential to promote real participation in the acquisition and development of interpreting skills.
The bootcamp content created in 2020 by Claudia in a unique association with ProZ.com. It was completed by more than 100 linguists throughout the world and their feedback shows we exceeded all their expectations
Note: All "live online" sessions are recorded and available for asynchronous access 24/7 during the bootcamp. This ensures that learners may access content even if they are not able to attend the sessions synchronously.
What you get:
1) 80-hour bootcamp content (the self-paced portion of this course). This covers everything you need to know about interpreting, delivered via lessons, concepts to study and practice, videos and sound files, plus an individual quiz for each section. Also, a huge amount of free resources to study.
2) Weekly assignments to complete individually or in a group setting (you create and/or join your own groups).
3) Weekly online questions and answers sessions with Claudia on facebook and/or zoom or other platforms.
4) 28 hours "live" online weekly sessions in a group setting with Claudia, during a 5-month period, which is the time needed to complete the 14-week challenge.
5) Group guidance by Claudia on how to find or join practice groups online in your language pair. This guidance and support includes, but is not limited to the Facebook Mothership group.
6) Access to group glossaries created and edited by you and your peers in Google Drive.
7) Guidance on how to create your own glossary in the ProZ.com platform.
8) Weekly emails reminding you and guiding you about the work you need to complete that week and the due dates to submit.