“A great opportunity that makes you challenge yourself…. you find yourself unconsciously absorbing all the information.
And the thing about neuropaths that Claudia mentioned the first class is really magic.”
Omar Darwish (2020)
What is this course about?
Group "live online" portion plus self-guided "Bootcamp to Become a Remote Language Interpreter" facilitated by Claudia Brauer via Facebook, Zoom and/or Skype.
This is the actual Bootcamp modules PLUS the community workshops to train newcomers to interpreting and
to help those interpreters who have experience acquire skills to become remote interpreters.
Claudia's GROUP-based interventions with participants foster connection, fellowship and fraternity, which are essential to promote real participation in the acquisition and development of interpreting skills.
The bootcamp content created in 2020 by Claudia in a unique association with ProZ.com. It was completed by more than 100 linguists throughout the world and their feedback shows we exceeded all their expectations
Note: All "live online" sessions are recorded and available for asynchronous access 24/7 during the bootcamp. This ensures that learners may access content even if they are not able to attend the sessions synchronously.
What you get:
1) 40-hour Bootcamp content (the self-paced portion of this course). This covers everything you need to know about interpreting, delivered via lessons, concepts to study and practice, videos and sound files, plus an individual quiz for each section. Also, a huge amount of free resources to study.
2) Weekly assignments to complete individually or in a group setting (you create and/or join your own groups).
3) Weekly group coaching sessions and Q&As with Claudia.
4) Group guidance by Claudia on how to find or join practice groups online in your language pair. This guidance and support include, but is not limited to the Facebook Mothership group.
5) Access to group glossaries created and edited by you and your peers in Google Drive.
6) Guidance on how to create your own glossary in the ProZ.com platform.
7) Weekly email reminders about the work you need to complete each week and the due dates to submit.
“Excellent opportunity to learn how to adapt as a professional to the new challenges ahead and to add more services to become more competitive for the new market demands. Great job, Claudia and the ProZ.com team!”
Romina Bona (2020)
Remote Interpreting Bootcamp
Helping you become the best version of your self!
My mission is to offer an ON-LINE PROGRAM
that is LANGUAGE-NEUTRAL
and caters to all students around the world,
from novices to working professionals.
All modules are web-based, so you can access them
from ANY DEVICE connected to the internet.
We have an OPEN-SCHEDULE (asynchronous)
and interactive master sessions with Claudia Brauer.
You can learn in your own time, regardless of location.
You have TWO learning options:
with Claudia facilitating
interactive live web-based
and you completing your
weekly lessons plans
online self-paced and
with your group.
This option allows you to fly solo.
You receive your lesson plan
and sessions activate
per a schedule you choose,
within pre-set weekly parameters
2021 Fall/Winter Bootcamp!
Enroll right away in the next Bootcamp, before prices go up!